Monday, February 8, 2016

Finishing... and Starting

I'm pretty much a monogamous knitter. That said, as soon as the end of one project is in sight, a corner of my brain is already working on what will come next. The thought of even a single evening without something on the needles is horrifying. My test knit of the gansey is almost done. The cardigan is blocking on the floor of our third-floor library, with the space heater going full tilt.

If it still looks lumpy and unbeautiful, I'm not worried. All will be smoothed out soon. I like to leave the button sewing and steek finishing until the blocking is done. The steeks will lie flat then and be much easier to finish.
On Sunday, I plied my first batch of CWM woollen-spun singles. The lightness and airiness of the finished yarn is amazing, and when you see the gorgeous heathery, tweedy yarn you'll understand
why I can't wait to get this stuff on my needles.