Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Snow Day

As recently as Sunday, this is what our January garden looked like.


This is NOT what a typical January scene in this part of the globe looks like. However, today the same view looks like this.


I tromped through the snow after breakfast to do a bit of shopping. One of the advantages of living within walking distance of everything is that snow days don't need to get in your way. My new legwarmers did a good job of keeping the snow out of the tops of my boots. I'm waiting to clean off the car until this dump of snow (with significant wind) is done. In the meantime, I'm finishing up the first draft of the Wolfe Island Gansey.



Test knitters, it'll be ready soon, I promise--just a bit more number crunching over the next couple of days.
P.S. I forgot to mention that I'm making a new Edgewater Tam with the Nuvola in Seaworthy that I picked up in Picton last week (the day of the swans sighting).