Thursday, November 5, 2015

Golden

When November weather is good, it's very, very good. Maybe the best in the year. The low angle of the sun casts a golden spell on everything. We've been having Indian summer all week, with temps in the mid-teens. Glorious.





In the glow of the afternoon sun, coming through the above window, I spent part of the afternoon making spindles to sell on Saturday. It takes about 20 minutes per spindle.


And finally, I'm pleased with the collar on the girly gansey. 3 x 2 ribbing was indeed the trick.


I wanted a collar that would be high enough to come up and over my chin by a little bit, and this one is perfect. I think I'll do the same deep ribbing on the sleeves. Now, I've got to run to get some bread into the oven before it over-rises (Laurel's Kitchen whole wheat bread, in case anyone is wondering.)