Monday, April 27, 2015

Unabashedly Feminine

Last week I started a new cardigan (the one that will eventually have picot borders). I'm using Quince's Chickadee to produce a soft, lightweight garment suitable for spring. The colours I've chosen echo that spring feeling.



The body and sleeves are mostly done, except for the deep fair isle borders. I wanted to add a touch of texture and I'm so pleased with the way the fabric looks after blocking. (I put everything onto waste yarn and wet blocked the work-in-progress a few days ago.)


The little purl bumps give the feeling of small beads, or even seed pearls.)



Below you can see the unblocked fabric. Blocking is so transformative!


For a minute, I was concerned that the whole effect would be way too sweet,
 

but then I threw caution to the wind. This is going to be a totally delicate, unabashedly feminine little piece.