Friday, August 29, 2014

A (Sort of) KAL

I'm writing, writing, writing here, to get the Inverness Gloves done for test knitters. I've added a little something to the patterning on the back of the gloves for a tiny bit of zing, but you'll have to wait to see that. Meanwhile, my thoughts are drifting to my fall wardrobe needs. I'm thinking about knitting a new "Buttonbox" in Ella Rae Classic Heathers, colour #137.
This will be a quick knit (I hope), because I have to pump out another couple of things before Rhinebeck rolls around, and I have to get things ready for the November retreat, and whoa, I'm starting to feel stressed, which isn't how I like knitting to be. Anyway, I really need this addition to my fall lineup. It's the perfect item for transitional seasons, and I know I'll get tons of wear out of it. Feel free to knit along with me, although this won't be a formal KAL through Ravelry. You have a few days to find the perfect wool while I finish up the gloves project. Remember, avoid choosing a superwash wool--the pattern is designed for wools that can be wet-blocked and moulded into shape. That little collar just won't stay in place otherwise.


My Buttonbox model is coming home this weekend from her summer in Slicon Valley, wild blueberry pie is being made for a welcome back treat, and the leaves outside my window are tinged with red.


 It's the best time of year to be a knitter!