Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bittersweet

Drove up to Janie H.'s for the last time this morning. The shop officially closed today, for good. Sad, because I've made some of my best knitting friends there, and Janie has been super about supporting local designers, as well as hosting workshops with big names like Kaffe Fassett and the Yarn Harlot. Happy, because I know Janie wants to re-claim her house and her life.
The day was as perfect as an autumn day can be. I drove up Highway 10, the "Old Perth Road", past pink granite outcroppings, lakes, pine trees, and cottages in their last few weeks of use this season.



At Janie's I had trouble finding a parking place. The shop was filled with customers looking for bargains and by the time I arrived, most of the shelves were empty.


Bye, Heather. You worked overtime to please everyone--successfully.

 
 Adieu, Janie. We're all wondering what's coming next. You're a non-stop ball of energy.


Enjoy your view of the Tay River while you knit to your heart's content!