Sunday, April 22, 2012

Filling in the Blanks

The first sleeve of my new Brookline is done, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to show a detail absent from the Twist photos, namely, what's going on in the lower sleeve. Here's a shot of my forearm with the knots, gusset, and cuff. Unfortunately, it's not easy to take photos of one's own arm!


Anyway, this gives a glimpse of the three knots, which I started BEFORE completing the sleeve decreases, which I took down to 48 sts instead of the 50 sts set out in the pattern. As I've mentioned before, I'm on the petite side and everything has to be adjusted. (That's how I got into making my own designs in the first place.)
I'm zooming along now and might even finish the second sleeve today, thanks to the aid of Audible.com and the combination of Davina Porter reading C.S. Harris's "Where Shadows Dance". I swear that Ms. Porter's voice is totally magical, mesmerizing in fact. I might just have to keep going and knit socks to go with my cardi if I finish it before the book is done.