Friday, January 28, 2011

Going Local

It seems that buying local is in style. So, in keeping with the trend, I braved the snowy conditions today and visited the Wilton Road Custom Fibre Mill. Actually, I visited Room 1 of the Wilton Road Motel, which is where you go to purchase the Mill's products. I know---it sounds more like a place to do drug deals than a place to buy great fibre, but that's the way it is! This is what I bought:





The light on this snowy afternoon isn't  letting me get a good photo of this lovely merino/ bamboo blend. This is what it's intended for:


Pas de Valse
"Pas de Valse" by Marnie MacLean, from Twist Collective  

 I saw a version of this cardigan/jacket at my knitting group at Wool Tyme last night and fell in love with it. As soon as I finish the little alpaca cardi I'm knitting right now, this is what I want to start. It looks like the perfect piece for transitional wear later this spring. Are you looking ahead to something suited to a slightly warmer season?