Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Something about Purple

I'm back from Rhinebeck (code for the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival) with wonderful yarns and other goodies. My find of the weekend was this huge ball of Seacolors Yarn from Nanney Kennedy. When I opened the car door at our B&B yesterday morning, the ball bounced out the door and rolled slowly down the steep driveway and I was so transfixed by it that all I could do was watch and smile. The photo does not do justice to the wonderful colours. In her tiny crowded booth, Nanney takes the time to choose colours for her customers based on what she thinks will work best for them--purple, lime green, and mustard for me. I intend to use her pattern for this and can hardly wait to get going. I must be in a purple mood (better than blue!) because this morning when I set out to tackle writing up Wakefield (see my last post), I chose to knit a second version in the dusky plum shown next to my Seacolors ball. I'm going to try out Diamond's Fine Merino Superwash Aran. I'm not usually a fan of superwash, but we'll see...